Safety Services TechniciansVorst Paving
Safety Services & Supply is a large provider of traffic control services specializing in the railroad industry in the Eastern United States. We travel in over 14 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control in the railroad industry combined with our efficient and unique ability to quickly mobilize our fleet, top of the line equipment, and ATSSA trained technicians allows Safety Services & Supply to provide quality, value, and tranquility to our customers. Safety Services & Supply is known for their professionalism, consistency and reliability to offer the best service in the industry. At Safety Services & Supply, we offer great benefits and treat our employees like family. We offer competitive pay, and excellent benefits packages for those who qualify such as medical insurance, secondary insurance (AFLAC), and 401 (K) plans. Safety Services & Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity.
Position Summary: Completes operations of assigned tasked and traffic control projects setting up and tearing down work zones. Work zones may include full road closures, lane shifts, and flagging operations. The employee must take direction well and must be able to work professionally with the prime contractor on the jobsite. Work primarily independently, or as part of a traffic control crew.
- Operates company vehicles to transport materials to and from jobsites.
- Place temporary construction signs in work zones.
- Place arrow boards or message boards in work zones.
- Program variable message boards.
- Set up proper temporary traffic control equipment in work zones.
- Check work zones in the morning, afternoon and night to ensure the zone is properly set up.
- Load equipment back into truck at the beginning or end of shift and unload at the shop.
- Install, remove, and reset signs, posts, and supports.
- General maintenance and equipment repair at the shop.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- A valid driver’s license to drive/operate company vehicles.
- Must have a clean driving record and able to pass a drug test and a background test.
- Basic reading/writing ability to complete paperwork.
- Basic knowledge of FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Previous experience in traffic control set up and tear down will be recognized. A valid ATSSA certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel and stay overnight in hotels.
- Must be willing to work weekends if project demands it.