Steel Structures, Inc. is under New Ownership & Management and is seeking CDL Driver
Steel Structures, Inc. is an AISC Approved Fabricator Structural & Miscellaneous Fabricator
Reports To: Shop Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The Driver is responsible to ensure loads and material are delivered safely and efficiently. During times when no load is to be delivered, employee will fall back into crew as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help to build loads, load and unload trucks.
- Ability to navigate over highways and city streets with tractor/flatbed trailer.
- Ability to read and discern load lists.
- Complies with established environmental, health and safety standards as directed by the Shop Manager.
- Maintain required logs.
- Maintain clean vehicle fleet, communicating any known issues or potentially needed repairs to Maintenance.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work standing up or sitting for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift 50
- CDL qualification to haul material raw and/or fabricated.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience in a similar role with a clean driving record.
- Education requirements may be waived if sufficient experience and knowledge are demonstrated.
- This position requires at least two hours of training annually.
- Training subjects will promote and support the qualifications and skills noted above