Our Kitchen Managers help lead the way in our scratch kitchen, where we produce our seasonally inspired menu items. Our team has a true passion for food and is always working to ensure that we deliver only the most fresh, high quality and wonderfully tasting food that our guests have come to expect. All of our menu items are made with peak-of-season ingredients and are thoughtfully paired with Roman Bistro's wines craft beers. Our focus on innovation helps us introduce new, exciting items each season, while still offering Roman Bistro's favorite dishes.
The Kitchen Manager role is an important one. He or she partners closely with the Restaurant Owner to coach and inspire our team members, ensuring that we are serving the most excellent food, all the time.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must represent Roman Bistro's Vision and Values
- Ideally 2 years of supervisory experience, working in high volume restaurants
- Experience in a scratch kitchen, a plus
- Loves to cook!
- Loves food and continuously upholds outstanding food quality standards
- Has an interest in learning about wine and how it pairs with food
- Leads and motivates the kitchen team to execute Roman Bistro's policies and procedures
- Ensures superior quality and execution of Roman Bistro's recipe standards
- Recruits, interviews, hires, trains, schedules and provides ongoing development of kitchen team members to Roman Bistro's standards
- Monitors and improves of food and labor cost systems
- Prepares daily production list
- Places food and supply orders
- Conducts inventory per company policy
- Completes line-checks to ensure all stations are stocked with quality food equipment
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout the kitchen area at all times
- Coaches and trains team members to increase knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles
- Works directly with Event Coordinator in preparation for planned events
- Has strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert fast-paced mobility for periods up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to work within the following conditions: wet floors, temperature extremes and loud noise
- Ability to work calm and effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate and understand the primary language of the work location
- Ability to perform essential functions to Roman Bistro's standards with reasonable accommodation.
At Roman bistro, we care about our Team Members! We know you spend a lot of time at work, so we are committed to you living your best life – inside and out of our restaurants. Below is a summary of our benefit offerings*:
- Competitive earning opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Complimentary meal on shift
- Complimentary uniforms for Kitchen Managers
- Training and Development:
- Formal Training and Transition/Executive Coaching Programs for all Managers-in-Development
- Clearly defined career path and promotion criteria allowing for ongoing growth and development
- *Certain benefits are contingent upon additional terms, other restrictions and various eligibility requirements.
Roman Bistro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year