Administrative Assistant- Centralia
Title: Administrative Assistant, Centralia Branch
Reports to: Office Manager
Pay status: Salaried, non-exempt
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and additional hours as needed
Rogers Machinery Company is a leading manufacturer of industrial air compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, and air systems. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant in Centralia who will report to the Office Manager. This individual should have a wide range of knowledge in a manufacturing and office setting.
Assist office staff with miscellaneous clerical support. Responsible for answering phones, filing accounts payable, and receivable invoices. Provide support services for other departments within manufacturing facility, as needed or assigned.
Tasks and Duties:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with filing and clerical support daily
- Provide support to office staff and organizational needs
- Greet visitors and customers
- Direct phone calls to appropriate company personnel
- Prepare and meter daily outgoing mail
- Accurately type labels, letters, and other documents
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks and computer data entry functions from sales and accounting departments as needed
- Turn phones over to “On call Service”. Lock the front door each evening at 5:00 pm.
- Run daily errands to post office, bank and tag pick up as needed
- Assist in processing Visa/Mastercard and cash payments from customers
- Help with event coordination
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Phone and receptionist experience preferred; require professional, pleasant, and clear phone presentation, ability to effectively direct calls to obtain the best outcome for caller.
- Verbal Skills: Effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Writing Ability: Write clear and concise memos, letters and emails to customers, vendors, and branch personnel.
- Organizational Skills: Be able to manage several tasks simultaneously and efficiently. Must be detail-oriented, insuring all routine daily tasks and incoming tasks are completed quickly and accurately. Be able to pick up where left off with ongoing projects.
- Reasoning Ability: Be able to interpret and follow instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule format, adapting where necessary to achieve objective.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in the full suite of programs in Microsoft Office; type 50 words per minute
- Must have valid and current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and use stairs
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting and Work Order processing
- Knowledge of Materials Purchasing, order point/order quantities