Production Team MemberProduction Products, Inc.
Under the general direction of an Area Leader & working as a member of a production team, a production team member is responsible for performing various tasks required to operate production machinery and assembly jobs; changeover presses and other machinery; perform minor maintenance and housekeeping duties; and participate in councils or task forces to support plant operations.
Production team members have the authority and responsibility to start and stop production operations, use gauges and other measuring instruments in checking production parts, complete checklists to document the status of production parts or machinery, and to directly seek assistance from all available plant resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
General Statement: Participation in production teams is the foundation of the plant’s operating philosophy. The team and its members are responsible for the following:
- Produce a quality part that meets or exceeds customers (internal & external) expectation through the use of approved Quality Control techniques such as process monitoring, SPC, gauges and other measuring devices and sampling procedures.
- Meet or exceed established efficiency goals and other MOS measurables.
- Set-up and operate machinery & equipment in a safe manner in accordance with approved procedures.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments to machinery working within the team member’s level of training and experience.
- Participating in continuous improvement of the manufacturing process, methods, and work environment through trouble shooting and problem solving exercises.
- Assist in the training of new team members.
- May participant in one of the Councils or task forces and problem solving meetings.
- Fully rotational, fully functional throughout all processes of assigned department.
- Flexible & versatile within the teams. Team Members are required to move from team to team as required to balance production.
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner; includes tags, uptime reports, set-up check lists, production reports, etc. as required.
- Treats all other team members with respect and dignity.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED. Meet minimum qualifications as defined in the PPI selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)