Incoming Seasonal Bilingual and Non-Bilingual Call Center JobsPeckham Vocational Industries
These full-time and part-time bilingual contact center jobs involve answering phone calls from U.S. citizens and using a computer-based knowledge system to answer general questions about policies, practices, procedures and other data to assist callers. These Customer Service Representative positions will be required to take calls in English and Spanish.
- This position is Seasonal in nature and expected to last up to 8 months. Those hired into this position have reasonable expectation of returning for the next season, pending overall job performance.
- These jobs start at $12.64 per hour with a hourly health and welfare benefit you use to purchase you benefit options. Wage increases to $13.89 after Spanish language certification.
- Location: 2511 N Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing, MI (Riverside)
- Hours: Shifts available (both part time and full time) between 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM M-F and 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Sat
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- English language proficiency; both written and verbal
- U.S. Citizen
- Good credit history
- No criminal misdemeanor or felony record
Minimum Requisite Skills and Knowledge:
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to facilitate clear and accurate information exchanges with customers
- Ability to control the pace and flow of the inquiry/request and manage call time effectively
- Ability to handle inquiries and requests in a courteous and professional manner, including calls received in crisis situations
- Ability to follow protocol and to apply sensitivity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to gather information to determine customers’ needs; apply problem solving skills and resolve the inquiry/request effectively
- Computer and keyboarding skills sufficient to record information from the inquirer in an accurate and efficient manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries in English; both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction within a team setting and complete team related work promptly
- Oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Planning and organization
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
Training and Continuous Education: This position may require initial training, on the job training, subsequent training and continuing education, all of which will be outlined and facilitated by the training department or some other approved means.
Security: Many of the positions through the Business Services Division require a security clearance. Thus, the candidate/employee must pass and maintain appropriate security and background checks as required for each area and/or contract. The extent of the security and background check may vary by position. Employment may also be contingent upon successful security and background checks and may be run on an ad hoc basis. Required security and clearance checks will be completed at no financial cost to the candidate.
To determine if you are a potential candidate for this position, we will review the following:
- Criminal history
- Credit history
- Employment history
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual must also have access to reliable transportation to and from work.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual will be required to multitask. The employee will also be required to speak, listen, read, and use a computer simultaneously during their scheduled shift. Individuals will be required to be mobile throughout the building.
Work Environment: Individuals will work individually, and therefore are required to work well independently; however, they will also be a member of a team and therefore must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Individuals will work in a cubicle for the majority of their scheduled shift. The tasks of the call center are repetitive in nature. The noise level is generally moderate. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies all duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Law
PECKHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Peckham provides equal opportunities and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.