Parts Sorting Technician
NISSAN Automotive - Smyrna, TN
Ready. Set. Go Career!
Are you ready to be in the driver’s seat of your career? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Most importantly, are you looking to be part of a team that knows its most valuable resource is its people?
If this sounds like you, then let’s get ready to start your career. Come and grow with Nissan!
No experience necessary – We will train you.
- Your job will be to support the Nissan automotive production line in the building of quality vehicles.
- Responsibilities include:
- Identifying, checking, sub-assembling, and “kitting” (sorting into containers) parts to be delivered to the production line for final vehicle assembly
- Receive, count, and stock parts quickly and accurately
- Inspect parts to ensure quality standards
- Job includes plenty of active movement, being on your feet for entire shifts, and working at a rapid pace in order to keep the production line running on time. Our customers need their vehicles!
What’s In It For Me? (Pay and Perks)
- $15.25/hour starting (Afternoon and Night Shifts), with lots of upward potential as your experience increases.
- Start off with 2 weeks paid time off during summer + up to 13 additional paid holidays
- Competitive benefits package including Medical and 401k
- Access to fun company-sponsored events for you and your family
Our Commitments to You:
- Safety first: we are continually improving safety procedures to help ensure that you are safe at work.
- Your Development: We want you to be successful and grow your career within the Nissan family. We will train you to be great at your job, and we will provide opportunities for you to learn new skills.
About Nissan and Yates: Our people are what drive the business forward. Nissan Smyrna plant has been producing quality vehicles for over 35 years, and is the highest-producing Vehicle plant in North America, thanks to our amazing, dedicated team. You will find a culture where employees’ sense of achievement is as high as the number of their vehicles driven in the community. Nissan has partnered with Yates for over 16 years in sourcing quality team members, and we have converted over 2,700 Yates hires to Nissan. We hire you to grow you.
Do you meet the following criteria? If so, apply now to get started on your new career at Nissan today!
- 18 years or older
- Understand that TEAMWORK makes the DREAM WORK
- Safety conscious
- Available to work either Afternoon or Night shift, including occasional weekends.
- Speak, read and write English
- Successfully complete chemical screen and background checks
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Hard working with the ability to stay focused, pay attention to detail