This position is responsible for providing customer training on the operation and maintenance of GROB equipment. The ideal candidate needs to have a strong mechanical or electrical aptitude. The role includes learning the maintainability and function of a machine, and then training customers on how to operate and maintain those machines and processes. The candidate needs to have good communication skills with the ability to clearly explain ideas and answer questions. The ideal candidate should be able to confidently and competently speak in front of small groups of people and be willing to travel up to 50% for customer trainings.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Verbally train a group of individuals at a machine or in a classroom setting while clearly explaining ideas and answering questions.
- Read and interpret technical procedures and documents including engineering drawings, electrical and fluid schematics, parts lists, and specifications to accurately delineate operating procedures, maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, and diagrams to illustrate material that meets customer requirements.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Travel to customer facilities for extended periods of time to train customers on the proper use and care of their custom GROB equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in Technical Communications, Teaching, EET, MET or 3 years training experience in a Technical Field
- Teaching background and/or Technical Training experience preferred
- Knowledge of Industrial Machine Safety is a plus
- PLC Training is a plus
- Self-motivated and team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong mechanical or electrical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and Adobe Acrobat
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Willing to travel domestic and international
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.