About our Company:
GROB SYSTEMS, INC. is a world class European manufacturer of high quality production systems and universal machining centers. The North American headquarters in Bluffton, Ohio specializes in the design and production of machines and automation for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and die/mold industries. Our parent company is located in Mindelheim, Germany, with additional production facilities in São Paulo, Brazil and Dalian, China. GROB has numerous offices and facilities providing sales, service and spare parts support to manufacturers around the world.
GROB’s product line includes machining centers, flexible manufacturing systems, transfer machines, ancillary assembly machines, leak test machines, gantries and automation, and complete assembly lines for engine and transmission assembly.
The Junior Programmer will be responsible for participating in full platform development including development, testing, deployment, and support. The position will be responsible for optimizing and improving existing systems through ongoing enhancement projects and be working in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio and SVN source control).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop responsive front-end interfaces, using modern web standards with a focus on usability and access from multiple platforms and devices
• Develop back-end server-side components, including configuration and deployment on server platforms
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or Software Engineering
• Experience with server-side technologies & platforms: .NET - C#, PHP, MSSQL, MySQL.
• Experience in any or all of the following is a plus: Web API, IIS, VB.Net, ASP.net, Java, Android Studio • Knowledge of the Standard Software development lifecycle
• Experience in software development involving software virtualization.
• Experience/knowledge in multiple development languages/environments.
• Experience in software requirements and design documentation, architecture definition and/or software integration.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong Communication (understanding & explaining business logic and technical concepts)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• The ability to problem-solve alone and in a team environment
• The ability to remain flexible with assignment priorities
GROB offers a competitive wage as well as an excellent benefit package including vacation, health, prescription, dental, vision, STD, life, 401K, and shift premiums.
What sets us apart:
- Support for designing and dimensioning of the electric vehicle assembly
- Development of verification and production processes
- Extensive process and quality controls
- Worldwide availability through global branches
- Turn-key systems developed and manufactured from a single source