About our Company:
GROB SYSTEMS, INC. is a world class European manufacturer of high quality production systems and universal machining centers. The North American headquarters in Bluffton, Ohio specializes in the design and production of machines and automation for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and die/mold industries. Our parent company is located in Mindelheim, Germany, with additional production facilities in São Paulo, Brazil and Dalian, China. GROB has numerous offices and facilities providing sales, service and spare parts support to manufacturers around the world.
GROB’s product line includes machining centers, flexible manufacturing systems, transfer machines, ancillary assembly machines, leak test machines, gantries and automation, and complete assembly lines for engine and transmission assembly.
The primary job function of the Controls Engineer will be to work in all aspects of automotive controls engineering. This will include hardware and software engineering, cabling, wiring and all other electrical standards. An initial training phase of working with a Senior Designer for up to two years will occur in order to learn how to develop machine and equipment solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Understand and perform all controls engineering tasks, both hardware & software related
• Support Senior Designers and Project Engineers
• Generate project PLC and HMI solutions
• Evaluation of customer specifications and their impact to GROB’s products
• Apply international (IEC, ISO) and national (NFPA) standards
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of electrical design
• Computer programming experience (C#, Visual Basic)
• Siemens PLC knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of industrial robotics is a plus
• Self-motivated and team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong math skills and understanding of basic electrical circuits
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Willing to work overtime as needed
• Willing to travel domestic and international
• Ability to secure and maintain a valid passport
GROB offers a competitive wage as well as an excellent benefit package including vacation, health, prescription, dental, vision, STD, life, 401K, and shift premiums.
What sets us apart:
- Support for designing and dimensioning of the electric vehicle assembly
- Development of verification and production processes
- Extensive process and quality controls
- Worldwide availability through global branches
- Turn-key systems developed and manufactured from a single source