Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Manager
The employee is responsible for performing a technical range of supervisory, advisory, construction, administrative, and engineering tasks in support and operation of schools and administrative sites. This employee is responsible for the direct supervision of HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing departments and
This position is responsible for the management of Gaston County Schools (GCS) life safety to include; power, lighting, fire and burglar alarms, intercoms, cameras, security and sound systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, maintains and enforces mechanical and electrical design and construction standards with a focus on insuring safety, reliability, maintainability and energy efficiency.
- Coordinates mechanical, electrical and plumbing maintenance efforts in all school facilities via a combination of in-house craftsmen and outside services to include; equipment replacement, preventive and predictive maintenance, scope of work development, pre-bid meetings facilitation, and project management.
- Supervises and inspects the work of skilled employees in the HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing departments.
- Coordinates efforts of department crews and direct foremen in their areas of concern.
- Establishes a training program for skilled employees.
- Performs site inspection to ensures that all work performed is accurately reported.
- Reviews the productivity of departments and assists foremen in the efficient operation of each group.
- Implements and ensures the accomplishment of preventative maintenance programs.
- Evaluates all department employees with the assistance of department foremen.
- Minimizes GCS exposure and risk on projects.
- Provides oversight to ensure mechanical and electrical safety for all GCS personnel, pupils and civilians using school facilities.
- Implements the organizations policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Works closely with GCS Energy Program on the development, installation, maintenance, and control of energy efficient systems.
- Assists with energy management efforts by analyzing building systems and recommending energy efficient devices, systems, and programs.
- Coordinates, designs, and develops plans and specifications for minor mechanical, electrical and plumbing projects; takes bids, tracks and reviews completed work to determine adherence to established design criteria and budget.
- Performs related work as requested by the Director of Facilities Services.
- Provides budget recommendations for repairs and upgrade projects.
To learn more and to apply visit our website.