Director Social Services - St Clare Commons
Located in vibrant Perrysburg, St. Clare Commons is a beautiful continuing care retirement community that offers assisted living, memory care and rehabilitation services. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Social Services to join our team of professionals who promote the values of Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence, and Collaboration in their interactions and service.
At St. Clare Commons we believe a job should be more than simply a means of earning a living. It should be a learning experience, a path to personal growth, and most important a way of putting faith into action.
This role is a vital member of the campus leadership team, reporting to the Executive Director. Working with the interdisciplinary team, the Director of Social Services assesses and promotes the social and emotional health and well-being of residents and their families. The Director of Social Services provides service to adults and older adults with the goal of affirming the resident’s integrity, growth, and control over the qualities of their life.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-admission interviews with prospective residents/guarantors and explains all services of the center.
- With the Director of Nursing, evaluates hospital- or home-based patients prior to transfer as a special service to hospitals and families.
- Explains and documents all admission forms and agreements.
- Coordinates admission process, interviews new residents and/or their families to determine interests and abilities, family history, and background.
- Develops and implements on-going in-service education and training for staff to promote understanding of social components in long-term care.
- Develops and maintains relationships with outside agencies.
- Evaluates resident/family needs in relation to resources and refers to appropriate agency or resource.
- Coordinates transfer and/or continuity of care services for discharged residents.
- Provides emotional support to residents/families.
- Continually makes assessments of residents to determine progress.
- Keeps social records and discharge plans on all residents.
- Attends resident care conferences and participates in the development and update of patient plans of care.
- Joins community groups as appropriate.
- Attends seminars, workshops, mandatory in-services, and other meetings as deemed appropriate by the Administrator.
- Attends admissions, department leadership, and other meetings as appropriate.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years prior social services experience required, previous experience with mature adults preferred.