This position is responsible for following all cooking instructions on job tickets. Cooking batches to the job tickets specified temperatures to meet all food safety & quality requirements. Checking all pre-weighed ingredients for weight accuracy. Checking the condition of all raw materials to ensure the integrity and safety of the finished product. Following proper changeover procedures between batches, as necessary.
This position is not limited to the above description as other responsibilities may include tasks, projects, or plans given by Management.
Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
Monday - Friday
2nd Shift 1:00pm - 9:30pm
- 3 Day Weekends
- Overtime available any hours worked over 10 per day
- Health Insurance, including Dental, Medical
- Free Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Great 401K Match
- PTO plus 3 paid sick days annually
- Work Life Balance – no weekend shifts!
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Days
- Cooking batches to the required temperature as set forth by job ticket.
- Following all instructions specified on job tickets.
- Double checking all pre-weighed ingredients for accuracy. Following proper changeover procedures between batches as necessary (scraping out and rinsing kettles between batches or other means as needed).
- Calculating the proper amount of full units for sugars and fruits using a calculator.
- Providing aid for the other cooks to complete work assignments.
- Following GMP’s including handwashing and hand sanitizing.
- Maintaining a clean work area.
- Helping the packers to pack batches.
- Bringing job samples to QA for approval.
- Requesting raw materials from forklift operators.
- Ensuring the work area is kept sanitized throughout the day.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have experience operating a scale.
- Must have experience reading instructions on job tickets.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to use a calculator effectively.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must understand measurements.
- Must be able to follow instructions without error.
TRAINING / LICENSING / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have been trained and able to understand the role of the cook position and responsibilities as they relate to Food Safety & Quality.
- Must be trained in GMP’s.
WORK TASK REQUIREMENTS (SAFETY REQUIREMENTS)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must use Personnel Protective Equipment when needed.
- Proper footwear required to prevent slipping, tripping, and/or falling.