Service and Support AssociateAllen County Board of Developmental Disabilities
BEGINNING SALARY RANGE: $37,500 - $61,750
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Serves as the primary point of coordination for individuals receiving Service and Support Administration (SSA) services from the Allen County Board of DD. Responsible for assessment, planning, coordinating and monitoring of all services. Responsible for a caseload ranging from 20-40 individuals.
1. Facilitates the person centered planning process to identify and address individual choice, preferences, strengths and need for all services. Assesses individuals’ need for service utilizing formal and informal assessments. Develops and revises Individual Plans (IPs). Develops and implements an annual schedule of plan review.
2. Works cooperatively with individuals and on behalf of individuals to coordinate and acquire needed services. Links individuals to appropriate community resources and assists individuals in the provider selection process as required. Maintains effective and ongoing contact/communication with individuals, families, guardians, and significant others, as applicable.
3. Continuously reviews the delivery of services, supports and training provided by the Allen County Board of DD, other agencies/providers, and persons important in the life of individuals served. Ensures services are effective and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Maintains regular and ongoing contact with residential service providers. Provides technical support regarding delivery and documentation of services.
4. Develops staffing patterns and service budgets. Monitors utilization of authorized services. Works to maximize services while maintaining costs. Maintains proficient knowledge of assessment tools and software programs for adequate waiver service planning and budgeting.
5. Completes all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, including required elements for waiver administration. Documents all services in accordance with established TCM guidelines.
6. Participate in MUI/UI reporting, investigation and follow-up, including identifying trends and patterns. Provide crisis intervention and ensure availability on a 24 hour basis during assigned on-call rotation.
7. Assures individuals have adequate representation, including identified natural supports and chosen
8. Collaborates with community agencies. Provides information about the Allen County Board of DD on topics
such as eligibility rules and available services.
9. Attends conferences and seminars as required to maintain professional certification and enhance professional growth. Participates on committees as assigned.
RESPONSIBLE TO: SSA Supervisor
HOURS: Flexible - This employee may be required to Telework.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Over one through three years of related experience preferred.
3. Experience with Medicaid/Medicare Waiver programs strongly preferred.
4. Have or be capable of obtaining Service and Support Administration certification.
5. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license with a record that is acceptable by the agency’s insurance carrier as verified by an annual driver’s abstract.
6. Must provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicles.
7. First Aid and CPR
8. Ability to assess service delivery and communicate effectively with providers.
9. Knowledge of social systems and available resources.
10. Ability to write articulate correspondence and communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
11. Ability to mediate differences and obtain resolution to conflict situations.
12. Ability to relate to individuals and families in a supportive manner.
13. Must have the academic skills necessary to achieve acceptable scores on the Skills Ability Tests.